Bottom 10 Christmas Songs
29 November, 2010 § Leave a comment
10. Little Drummer Boy – I can understand “We Three Kings” but making up a story about an underdog drummer boy and putting a repetitive tune to it is just too much. Wasn’t the drummer boy a thing of the Civil War?
9. 8 days of Christmas – Materialism anyone? What ever happened to “Can’t Buy Me Love?”
8. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)- Can we have some originality with a little less repetitiousness over here… waiter?
7. Christmas Shoes – Kitsch if I’ve ever heard it. “Please write a more depressing song for Christmas. (Though, I’m being generous for a #7 position.)
6. Same Old Lang Syne – I don’t even know why they play this song except that it’s Christmas Eve in the story.
5. Last Christmas – “Last Christmas I really blew it, and I’m doing the same thing this year!”
4. Grown Up Christmas List- Grow up.
3. I Saw Momma Kissing Santa Clause – What kind of sicko thought having little Michael make perceived adultery a blushing matter was a good idea? No wonder he turned out like he did.
2. Do They Know It’s Christmas Time? – Yes– yes they do, and I’m pretty sure they’re dancing in the streets that it’s not snowing in Africa.
1. Merry Christmas Toledo- I couldn’t believe it, somebody tried to make a hometown Christmas song after hits like “There’s no place like Home for the Holidays”… it stunk.