11 June, 2012 § 2 Comments
Today is my first wedding anniversary with my beautiful wife Sonya. God has blessed us immeasurably this year as we have been through Hell and high water some months to make ends meet. Thank you my regular readers for coming along with us and sticking through the silent periods. What lays ahead is uncertain, but God knows the plans He has for us and I’m excited to see what He’ll do with us this coming year.
29 November, 2010 § Leave a comment
10. Little Drummer Boy – I can understand “We Three Kings” but making up a story about an underdog drummer boy and putting a repetitive tune to it is just too much. Wasn’t the drummer boy a thing of the Civil War?
9. 8 days of Christmas – Materialism anyone? What ever happened to “Can’t Buy Me Love?”
8. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)- Can we have some originality with a little less repetitiousness over here… waiter?
7. Christmas Shoes – Kitsch if I’ve ever heard it. “Please write a more depressing song for Christmas. (Though, I’m being generous for a #7 position.)
6. Same Old Lang Syne – I don’t even know why they play this song except that it’s Christmas Eve in the story.
5. Last Christmas – “Last Christmas I really blew it, and I’m doing the same thing this year!”
4. Grown Up Christmas List- Grow up.
3. I Saw Momma Kissing Santa Clause – What kind of sicko thought having little Michael make perceived adultery a blushing matter was a good idea? No wonder he turned out like he did.
2. Do They Know It’s Christmas Time? – Yes– yes they do, and I’m pretty sure they’re dancing in the streets that it’s not snowing in Africa.
1. Merry Christmas Toledo- I couldn’t believe it, somebody tried to make a hometown Christmas song after hits like “There’s no place like Home for the Holidays”… it stunk.